Westpower provides hard surface protection for services requiring erosion and corrosion protection in extreme environments.
Combined with our deep experience in pump application and design, we have solved complex problems and have dramatically increased machinery uptime. With our proprietary high-performance HVOF coating processes, we are able to produce the hardest, toughest, densest coatings on the market today.
HVOF Coatings are produced by injecting powder into a hot gas stream created by the combustion of oxygen and a fuel gas which heats the particles to a semi-molten state. The powder and gas are then accelerated through a converging/diverging nozzle to supersonic velocity which propels the powder particles toward the substrate. When the particles reach the substrate it deforms plastically, cools and then solidifies forming the coating.
The properties of the coating are strongly dependent on the structure of the feedstock powders, spraying techniques and parameters used. In order to produce the highest quality coatings, these three factors need to be strictly controlled. Westpower achieves this by utilizing a closed loop parameter control system to maintain the ideal parameters and a robotically manipulated spray gun to maintain consistent application techniques from layer to layer and part to part. The powder quality is monitored through a batch qualification process with all tests being carried out at our in-house laboratory. All parts, powders and process parameters are controlled under Westpower’s Quality Management System.
We offer a broad selection of coating metallurgies including our proprietary nano-structured IMPACT-n2™ tungsten nickel chrome powder. The selection will be based on our engineering review of your application’s requirements.
- 3-D CAD modelling, and generation of machine drawings for manufactured parts by our team of highly qualified engineers
- Precision CNC machining of parts out of a variety of steels
- Product re-design and optimization for the HVOF process
- Design and manufacturing of additional fixtures to protect critical components during HVOF coating process
- Pump components including: volutes, diffusers, impellers, shafts, rings and plungers
- Oil production equipment including: downhole tools and mud motor flow collars