Westpower has both in-house welding expertise, access to weld engineering consultation and welding programme development and a retained weld engineer as a Division II company.
- 27 ASME section IX compliant weld procedure specifications and performance qualification records, including carbon, stainless, low alloy steel, duplex and super duplex stainless steels to API 938-C and API 521. Stellite 410 SS and hastelloy overlays, castings to CA6NM material, all in the “as Welded”, PWHT, standard application and/or notch toughness tested low temperature conditions.
- Ability to weld GTAW, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW and MCAW processes from small bore pipe to maximum thickness.
- Westpower employs highly experienced ABSA registered ‘B Pressure’ welders with multiple qualification records for materials of P1 through P15F.
- Certification to practice: Manufacturing, repair and alteration of ASME B31.1, B31.3 power and pressure piping as well as CSA B51 pressure fittings category A, B, E and H.
- Full suite of Weld procedure specifications for GMAW, SMAW, FCAW and MCAW as well as over 50 weld procedure data sheets for all typical joint types and thickness ranges.
- Certification to CSA W47.1 to fabricate structural steel to CSA W59 and structural stainless steel to AWS D1.6.
- Westpower structural welders are in date and fully qualified to all processes and positions.